Do you have 20 minutes tonight? Do you have access to broccoli? Then you need to make this recipe! This just shot up to the top of my list for favorite side dish. There were no leftovers at our table. It is simply delicious.
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with olive oil, salt, black pepper and garlic. Spread the broccoli in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until florets are tender enough to pierce with a fork and the edges are browning, about 15 minutes. Turn once halfway through the baking process and add red pepper flakes, if using. After baking, squeeze lemon juice liberally over the broccoli before serving.